Anthem of the Sun' was Grateful Dead's second album, and the first with Mickey Hart on drums. The original version of the album was produced using a combination of live and studio recordings spliced together. The live/studio hybrid album brought the sound of the Grateful Dead live to music fans for the first time - primal, psychedelic Dead at its earliest and finest. The result was a masterpiece which Rolling Stone ranks as #288 of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. In 1971, following the success of 'Workingman's Dead' and 'American Beauty', the band produced a more accessible 1971 remix of the album.
1. That's It for the Other One - The Grateful Dead (7.32)
2. New Potato Caboose - The Grateful Dead (8.35)
3. Born Cross-eyed - The Grateful Dead (2.06)
4. Alligator - The Grateful Dead (15.17)
5. Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) - The Grateful Dead (5.33)
Year of Production: 1968